No products in the cart.
Saturday events and Fly Tying Nights will continue to be hosted online until further notice.
Check out our Vimeo page for the latest Fly Tying video demonstrations each Wednesday evening.
Saturday, October 3rd – The Brushy Creek Annual Fall Fish-Off
8:00 A.M. – Doors Open / Entrant Check-In at Living Waters Fly Fishing
8:15 A.M. – Mandatory Pre-Tournament Briefing
8:30 A.M. – Fish-Off Begins
12:00 P.M. – Fish-Off Ends
12:15 P.M. – Photo “Weigh-In”
12:30 P.M. – Winners Announced / Prizes Awarded
1:00 P.M. – Tie-Breaker Fish-Off (if necessary)
– Social distancing will be observed during weigh-in and pre-tournament briefing.
– All entrants must wear a mask when inside the fly shop, per city ordinance.
– In the event of a huge turnout, we will divide the briefing into two group to abide by occupancy/gathering restrictions.
1. THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE BUT YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER TO FISH THE TOURNAMENT! Email email@example.com to enter.
2. You must attend the tournament briefing in order to fish the tournament. — This is essential so that you know boundaries, regulations, and rules.
3. This will be a multi-species tournament — the winner of the tournament is the individual that catches the most species of fish in the allotted time.
4. A Clear Picture (showing markings, profile, etc…) of the fish will be required at the close of the tournament for proof of species. (BRING YOUR OWN DIGITAL CAMERA)
5. Chris Johnson will be judging all fish species caught at the close of the tournament. Photos in most cases will be able to be seen on the camera/phone screen but if necessary we can download the pictures to a computer for viewing. Bring appropriate, related camera cables if in doubt of your camera’s viewing quality.
6. All fish must be caught and released immediately.
7. Abide by property laws — if it says NO TRESPASSING then DON’T TRESPASS!
8. Tournament Fishing Hours are from 8:30 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
9. Photo “Weigh-In” will be held at 12:15 P.M.
10. For late “weigh in”arrivals, we will deduct a single species from daily catch per every 5 mins late to weigh in.
11. ALL CONTESTANTS MUST HAVE A VALID TEXAS FISHING LICENSE!
12. There may be a FISH OFF tie-breaker in the event of a two way tie.
Friday – Sunday, October 16th – 18th – Oktoberfisch 2020
Living Waters Fly Fishing will join the Fredericksburg Fly Fishers for the most picturesque of Hill Country fly fishing events! Oktoberfisch 2020 will be held at Fredericksburg TX’s new Edgewater Springs Resort, a private event center located on a 140+ acre of land, flanked by the Pedernales River along the entire south border.
Visit fredericksburgflyfishers.com/oktoberfisch for more information and to register for the event. The fly shop in Round Rock will remain open for those who cannot attend.
Sunday, October 24th – Flies & Flame Expo
Living Waters Fly Fishing is excited join the Austin Fly Anglers for their 2nd Annual Flies, an event which brings together the best of local fly fishing, food, and music!
Date: October 24th, 1:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Location: Star Hill Ranch, 15000 Hamilton Pool Road, Austin, TX 78738
Cost: $20 (free for those 16 and under)
Visit austinflyanglers.com for more information and to register for the event. The fly shop in Round Rock will remain open for those who cannot attend.