A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking to hold the trip reservation. The final 50% will be charged two days before the trip. This payment does not include gratuity for your guide. When booking with a gift certificate, the full certificate serves as the deposit at the time of booking. Please let us know that you intend to redeem a gift certificate when you book your trip.
Guide Trip Gift Certificate Policies
All guide trip gift certificates are issued in the full amount of the guide trip listed on the certificate, but does not include gratuity for your guide. Gift certificates are valid for one year from the purchase date. Please let us know that you intend to redeem a gift certificate when you book your trip date. In the event that the recipient would like to increase the trip duration, change destination, or increase the number of anglers, the certificate holder will be responsible for paying the difference in the price. Certificates issued for guide trips have no cash value and are non-refundable.
If a trip booked with a gift certificate is canceled, postponed, or rescheduled within 14 days from the scheduled trip date, 50% of the value of the certificate will be deducted. Cancellations made within 24 hours of the trip, will forfeit the entire balance of the certificate.
Cancellation and Reschedule Policy
We understand that a guide trip may need to be canceled or rescheduled for a variety of reasons. As an outfitter, we will always try to be as accommodating as possible; however, there are times when we may charge for the booking deposit or the entire amount of a trip, in the event of a cancellation or reschedule. This depends solely on how far in advance the trip is canceled or rescheduled.*
In the event that we are unable to refund the deposit amount due to a cancellation/reschedule, please understand that it is done in consideration of the guide assigned to the trip. If the guide trip is canceled more than 14 days prior to the trip date, a full refund of the initial deposit will be issued.
- Cancellations made 14 or more days in advance of the trip will receive a full refund of the trip deposit.
- Cancellations made less than 14 days from the scheduled trip will be charged a cancellation fee in the amount of the original trip deposit.
- Postponements made less than 14 days from the scheduled trip will be charged a $100 reschedule fee.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of booking will receive a full refund of the trip deposit.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of the trip date, will be charged the full trip
Late Arrival and No Show Policy
- Time will not be added to the end of a trip if you arrive late to your scheduled appointment.
- If you are an hour or more late without notice to your guide, your trip will be forfeited and a refund will not be issued. A call, with voicemail or text follow up if your call isn’t answered, is appropriate notice. If you cannot reach your guide, please leave notice with the fly shop as well.
- No-shows will be charged the full trip balance with no refunds issued.
We do not allow cancellations or postponements for weather. We fish rain or shine, in the cold and in the heat. Please be cognizant of seasonal conditions when booking your trip. However, if weather conditions pose a safety hazard (i.e. lightning or hail present, flood conditions) or the selected river proves unfishable (e.g. high or muddy water, water temperatures too warm for trout), a trip cancellation or reschedule will be made solely at the guide or shop management’s discretion. In the event the trip cannot be rescheduled/postponed, we will refund the original deposit amount.
If the guide determines that weather conditions do not pose a safety hazard or create unfishable conditions, but the client still chooses to cancel the trip, the standard cancellation policies (listed above) will apply.
* Trips canceled or postponed due to special circumstances (illness, act of God, death, etc.) may be refunded at the sole discretion of Living Waters’ management.